Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Change

This is the one thing in life that we all can depend on. From the moment we are born, we are on a never-ending cycle of change. Fortunately, somehow, people manage to deal with it. We do this one of two ways; gracefully or kicking and screaming. Well, really, there are more because of all the variations in between. I have been successful at times and not so graceful other times. Through the years I have learned to change with more ease than when I was younger. I like to think that age has gifted me with some grace, anyway. :) 
As a child I moved a lot and was forced to deal with those changes and they weren't easy. Every time we moved, I had to go to a new school and meet altogether new people. I am certain that prepared me for the future in different ways. However, at the time, I was too young to know that and was kicking and screaming. Well, like any child would. I do know that all things come with pluses and minuses. I grew to believe that it is better to keep a child in one place, if possible. I also can say that those events forced me to adapt and improvise which was and is necessary still to this day. So, honestly, I am grateful for those lessons. To all who are struggling through change right now...it will pass and what doesn't kill you will make you stronger,...as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment